Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Little Lukey

Oh Little Lukey. Yesterday was my brother-in-law's 18th birthday! oh he is just precious!!

Anyways, he is a senior at the school I teach at. Our school is kinder-12th, just in different buildings, but on the same campus. Last night, Lukey informed me he wanted 2 DVD's from our house. So I brought them to school today and told him to come to my room to get him. He's the office aid last period, so he just came on into my room.

I had a 1st grade class in here at the time. So after my previous conversation today, I decided to try again with this group of kids. I announced to the class, "This is my brother Luke (they don't really understand -in-laws at this age). Luke had a birthday yesterday. How old do you think he is?"

"12"
nope
"18"
YES!

Second try, not bad. So we sing happy birthday to Luke in Spanish. Then we sing our new Spanish song for him (yes I do a lot of singing in my classes, and no I'm not any good at it).

Then a little boys stands up and announces, "If I were to get you a birthday present, I would get you Transformers and some other DVD's that are PG-13!!! I'm not allowed to watch those!"

So sweet. kids love bigger kids. Luke left. We finished class. We lined up.

The littlest girl in class came up to me and said, "Your brother is cute." Then showed me her paper where she had a heart with "Luke Hot" written in it.

Oh it starts young.

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

It DOES start young....eek! That is so cute, though.

The previous post is hilarious as well.....looking 15 is not necessarily a good thing....though, I bet you get mistaken for younger a lot!

Shasta Brooke said...

WHAT? He's 18? Wow! I can't believe he is growing up so fast! My bro came up for Thanksgiving this past year and the girls were cracking me up after he left...he is sooo cute blah blah blah. Haha...tell Luke I said happy late b-day!