Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birthday!

Well, it's not my birthday... yet.

But I enjoy my birthday so much, that I spread out the celebration. I celebrate a birthday MONTH. Yes, Month. It's more fun that way. also, in case people are busy on my actual birthday, they don't have to feel bad about celebrating with me on a different day, because I like to celebrate for all of March. :)

Come on, are you surprised? This is coming from the same girl who wears pink or red for 14 days to get ready for Valentine's Day.

So, today is day 3 of my birthday month. My actual birthday is March 18th. (a great day if you ask me.)

Hubby loves celebrating me the whole month long! NOT! You see, HIS birthday is actually March 19th.

So while I feel like I have to give up part of my birthday MONTH for him, he feels like he gives up most of his birthday altogether.

Marriage is all about compromise.

3 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Poor Brett....I overcelebrate my birthday as well (although I must say, I usually just take a week....props to you on the whole month AND stealing Ty's day!!). Plus my love language is gifts, so that is extra pressure to make me feel loved.

We married good men :).
Brett thinks its silly, but I bet they really like that about us.

Christine said...

Ha!!!!! I also celebrate a birthday "month"!!! Brian thinks I'm out of my mind, so I'll have to make sure he reads this! I don't really care about the gifts, I'm just all about the quality time. So all month, I require good hangout time in honor of my birthday! :)

Smits Family said...

Am I reading the "Five Crazy Matchells" blog?! You sound SOOO like Chris :)

I read your post outloud to Pat and he immediatly guessed it was Chris until I said the part about "your hubbys bday being the 19th"... then he surprisingly knew it was Ty's bday! I was impressed!