Thursday, March 26, 2009

Birthday in Review

Finally I remembered my camera, the connector, and I have a spare few minutes to post. So here's what went down exactly 1 week ago.

Wednesday the 18th was my birthday. Thursday the 19th was hubby's birthday. So we went out Wednesday night for an INCREDIBLE meal!! At the Palm Restaurant. Neither of us had been there. But it was awesome.


It's a really nice restaurant, a steak place. But the inside is so NOT elegant. They have these faces EVERYWHERE! And there are names written under them.

We kept reading the names saying " I don't know any of these people." We were shocked that we couldn't identify one famous person on the wall. But halfway through the meal, the waiter brought a flyer for the 842 club (or some numbers like that, I dont' really remember). Turns out, you can join the club and it works like frequent flyer miles. For every dollar you spend at the restaurant, you get a point. And you can redeem your points for certain rewards- like gift cards, travel, dishes, cookware, etc. And at 15,000 points, you can get your caricature on the wall! So, everyone on the wall has spent $15,000 at this place!! We were cracking up about that. We do not intend to get our faces on the wall.

But then the food came. And we understand why people may become a bit obsessed with this place and over a few years, just possibly end up spending $15,000.

We received a coupon for a special dinner for 2 - steak and lobster. we used it. it.was.awesome.very.awesome.
you can see our sides of onion strings, homemade chips, and asparagus. Even the bread was amazing. We ate a lot!! I don't think I was able to eat even half of my steak. (I was saving room for the included dessert.)

The birthday couple!


Molten Chocolate Cake. Delish.

So after dinner, we went to a night at a wonderful hotel! It was huge!! And due to hubby's many work travels- he has enough hilton points to automatically get upgraded. So we stayed on the executive floor with access to the executive lounge. I feel so fancy and special.
Oh- I forgot- we checked in before dinner, and I went to the SPA for a pedicure!! it was my first pedicure at a real spa (not one of those cheap places) and let me say, I would have argued beforehand that it was not worth the extra money, the cheap places are just fine. I would not say that now. It was luxurious. Simply divine. She also did my nails as a birthday gift. It was wonderful.
Okay- so then out to dinner, then back to the hotel. Here's the view from our room. and you can just barely see the pool in the middle of the photo (there was really bad glare from the window). We spent Thursday at that pool. fabulous. relaxing. luxurious. ( I just really like that word)
Thursday morning breakfast in the "executive lounge."


The birthday boy!

Aww- we're cute. We walked around the hotel for a long time (it was huge!!)- we needed to work off some of last night's dinner before hitting the pool. You can't see the background of this photo really -but we were in the room of our FIRST DATE!! You see, I came down to Dallas to visit some girl friends about 4 years ago. Ty found out and asked me to go to a banquet with him, just to catch up a bit, and then I could spend the rest of the weekend with the girls. I actually had NO CLUE it was a date until he held my hand in the parking lot after the banquet!! (He of course knew the whole time.) Well, the banquet was in this room at this hotel. So we walked in, took a picture, and argued about who held who's hand first. (But obviously he held mine, I didn't even like him then. duh.)

So then we hit the pool for a bit. Checked out. Went home. Ty went to play golf. I baked my first sheet cake. Of course I used Pioneer Woman's Recipe. it turned out quite nice. Ty's mom fixed dinner, we ate at their house, and enjoyed the cake!!


It was a fabulous 2 days of birthday fun!! It took about 4 days to come off our sugar high :) And now we're back to work and back to normal life- just a year older and wiser :)

1 comment:

Sarah W. said...

My heart skipped a beat when I read the part about Ty holding your hand in the parking lot. SOOO sweet! I love your story. It is just precious.

Your birthday(s) sound wonderful!! I love the restaurant club. I am not sure I would brag about spending that much money in one place!

Oh, and my room is dark khaki...I agree the close up looked grey but its definitely brown. I think the sunlight made me weird looking. I just recently painted it. It is darker than I planned, but I love it!