Friday, March 27, 2009

Bananas

Last week I went to Ann Taylor Loft to use a gift card- so exciting! Free shopping!! And they were having a sweater sale Buy 1, get 1 half off. So I bought 6. I had a gift card! And I actually wear cardigans to school MOST days- because my classroom temperature is unpredictable- so I like to have a cardigan- if it's Antarctica, I keep it on. If my room is Africa, I take it off. Very useful.

here was my new outfit yesterday. Love the happy yellow! Love the ruffle!!
So, one of my favorite 4th graders gives me a hug and looks me up and down and says "You look like a banana."
Oh. I just kind of looked at her, but didn't say anything.
So she quickly added, " A PRETTY banana."

Thanks. I like bananas. And now I am one.

ps- I wanted to share this story- so I set my camera on self timer and took this picture of myself in my classroom. Nerdy? yes. Important for the story? yes. And please don't look at the messy book cases- I have lost control.

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Well you look very cute. But that is a funny story. Noting like kids to keep you humble :)

Thats funny you commented on the background being messy. Sometimes I move my kids when they're doing something funny to avoid a messy background....but some of the time I just take it for the memory!

Anonymous said...

I love it..... you crack me up and i love my daily dose of Joy