Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Guess where we went for Valentine's Day???
Ty's gift to me was planning a special day :) can you guess where we went?
No?



That picture doesn't help?





Any other guesses?



Well...

Here's another clue
The Dallas Zoo!!

It was a wonderful day! Sunny and a little cool- perfect with a jacket!
and we got to watch them feed this gorilla. It was amazing!
Look at how close we were! (separated by very strong glass of course)
We did go to lunch first, then the zoo for the afternoon.
While at the zoo our good friends (and new homeowners) called and asked if we had dinner plans. We did not. So they grabbed some green beans and mashed potatoes, we grilled some chicken and made cookies. And Valentine's Dinner was served!
Yes I know there are boxes in the background. In fact that entire back room is overflowing with the contents of our garage while we fix up the garage attic for storage.
But please notice the cute table with red cloth napkins and red candles and a beautiful bouquet from my hubby. lovely. and grilled pineapple, my favorite.
The fun weekend did not end there!
Sunday was a blessed day filled with a wonderful church service and then some Kanakuk friends here to visit... Look at Sarah!! oh - and her adorable belly! I am in love!!
There's Sarah with her sweet hubby Cody. Cody and I worked at the same church in Branson back in the day- our offices connected, I got to listen to many funny conversations with parents that happened in his office. Don't tell.
And me and hubby. He loves having his picture taken. Oh- we ate a Freebirds- burrito place. delish.
But the goodness did not end there either. On Monday, I not only had the day off, we also had a "fancy dinner" at Trulucks with the Shoemakes! Mondays at Trulucks features an all-you-can-eat stone crab claws- flown in straight from Florida. With the special, you also get salad, soup, and all the sides you can imagine!! Ty, Julia, and I all partook in the goodness.
We went last year too. And Robert did not partake in the goodness because he remembered last year that eating crab was a lot of work, and he was not going to "put in the effort." So he had salmon. I'm sure it was good.
Aww... Ty posed for 1 more picture. I may have reached the photo quotient and will probably not get another picture of the 2 of us until our birthdays in March. bummer. But look at how GQ he looks in his work attire and fancy shirt. Love it!
The other happy couple. Robert also dislikes pictures. I do not think he was trying very hard here. he was just glad his eyes were open.

Then, to top the whole weekend off... the dessert tray came by. Oh my.
Julia ordered key lime pie. She swears it is the absolute best she's ever had. I tried it. It was very very good.
But wait! What did we get??
Oh yes, that is a chocolate BOX full of pound cake, strawberries, and cream.
Which the waiter cut open at the table.
And then drizzled with dark chocolate raspberry sauce.
Robert was in the bathroom when it arrived, he almost didn't get any.
Oh my. That is too much.
We clearly finished it off (Ty, Robert, and I). Robert said at the end "I probably had more than my fair share, but I didn't eat any chocolate box, so it evens it out."

"Why no chocolate box?" we ask.
We should have known the answer... "too much effort."
And so today, I am still full. The end.
(P.S. I did not include a picture- but I did get Ty a gift. Remember his gift to me was a well planned date day. My gift to him was globe book ends from Crate and Barrel- he collects books and globes, so it was a wonderful arrangement!)

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Um, so that CHOCOLATE BOX is pretty much the MOST AMAZING thing I have ever seen in the entirety of my LIFE! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME THAT?!

Ashley Robbins said...

Found your blog! Love it!!!

plainlyjane said...

Oh my Kelley that chocolate box looks incredible!! You're speaking my language there girl. :)