Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blast from the Past

So this story actually happened 3 years ago, but it's still funny today.

It was my first year teaching, I loved that class! 6 boys, 2 girls- 8 kids total. heaven. I loved those girls.

I also was learning what it felt like to wake up at 5:45 every day, and so discovered a new found love for coffee. I'd always enjoyed coffee, but that was the year I married coffee and could no long live without, not even for a little bit.

One morning, I arrived at school, got everything ready, was sipping my 3rd (or 4th) cup of coffee and waiting for my kiddos to arrive. They came. They were always awake in the morning. But they got to sleep later, so it makes sense.

Anyways, as they were doing their morning work, Abby looked up at me (sweet Abby) and says, "Miss Clarke (that was before I was married), are you tired this morning?"

"Well Abby, I'm tired most mornings, why?"

"Well, your hair's a mess and you don't have any make up on."

Thank you Abby- I feel very good about myself now.

No comments: