Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Why I Moved to the South...

Some may say I am lucky, I say I just go with my instinct... but the reason I moved South 10 years ago is simple...

WARM WEATHER!

Now, that may seem like a funny reason considering it 32 degrees outside while I'm writing this. But here's the thing, 32 degrees is so abnormal here, that just the "threat" or "prediction" of freezing rain, sleet, or snow gets school canceled or delayed.

Point in Fact: Today school started at 10 am (instead of 8 am) for most of the schools in Dallas.
Fact #2: Our Christmas program for the entire elementary and middle school was canceled tonight because LAST night's weather was bad, and tonight MIGHT be the same.
Fact #3: The decision has already been made, school will start at 10 am again tomorrow because it will be cold all night long.

Yes, you may think I'm lucky for moving South and getting all this extra free time, I just think I'm smrt.

So- come on down y'all, the weather's real nice!

(and yes I spelled smart wrong on purpose :)

No comments: