Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas in our Home

Christmas has entered our home! yay! I love Christmas!!


Here are a few of our decorations :)


The Mantle: love the red and silver and the beads are my favorite!!




Close ups of the mantle...



These candles are actually silver, but it's hard to tell with the flash.


same pic- no flash





The Dining Room- the newest addition this year... the ornaments hanging from the back of each chair :) Saw it in a magazine- had to do it.







This is the table by the front door. (I guess these pictures are a little bit out of order. This table is actually in the living room with the mantle.)
The poinsettia painting was done by Ty's grandma- I love having a painting just for Christmas time!!



Close up of the cute Nativity. Also- in the hurricane lamp, the candle is surrounded by mini ornaments and presents :)


As I unpacked the goodies, I figured out I have a bit of a Christmas tree collection. So I put them all up together on top of the bookcase in the living room.



Ok, back to the dining room. Leaving the dining room through the french doors takes us out to the sun room. But first, the decorations by the doors...


a mini tree (Mom- notice the "tree skirt"- it's the cute apron you got me :)



A small collection of santa and snowmen dolls. The snowman on the left was Ty's from growing up- His mom said it was his favorite decoration. It looks well loved :)


In the sun room, my nativity collection is displayed around the window ledge :)


Many of these small ones are from Ecuador and Guatemala.



My Nutcracker Nativity- I think it's my fav this year, even though it's old- just hit me as a fav this year.





This cute one looks like stones. And on each character there is a Bible verse quoting their part in the Christmas story.


On to the kitchen. Normally I put gift bags all around the kitchen above the cabinets. But I love my pitcher collection so much, I didn't want to take it down this year. So I added some sprigs of holly berries. Kinda hard to see in this picture- but they're there.


I did put some gift bags in the corner that does not have pitchers yet. So still cute, and I only put up my favorites. I just realized, I don't have a Christmas pitcher yet... I think I know what I'll be buying myself at the after-Christmas sales. Now I just need to find one.


Oh- first of all, my mom just got me this cute little table for the kitchen- I'll have to take a better picture so you can see the whole thing. But so far here's the Christmas basket of pinecones, bows and berries. I want to find a cute Christmas plate to put on a plate stand here, also an after Christmas sale purchase :)



What's missing??? The Tree!! We haven't gone to get one yet... but there will be pictures soon :)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Everything looks fantastic! I love the mantel!! Can't wait to see your tree!!