Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Tables

It's been many months... but I'm back.  I purchased a new laptop on Cyber Monday and got to pick it up yesterday at Best Buy- that was inspiration number 1 to start blogging again!! 
Inspiration number 2... my favorite home decorating blog (the Lettered Cottage) hosted a Christmas Tablescape Link Party the other day.  So I'm posting my tables... a few days late, but better late than never. Right?

So... on to the tables!

In the dining room...

I went with a red tablecloth and burlap running across the table... giving it a bit of a rustic feel and also indulging my new love for burlap (Thanks to pinterest).

I bought the live evergreen wreath as part of a fundraiser at my new school.  Didn't want to waste the live wreath on the front door...I want to SMELL it!  So it's on the dining room mirror and it smells awesome!!

The chargers are silver from Michael's, white dishes from Marshall's, glass dessert dish on top (no clue where it's from), and a fun plaid napkin (from my mom :)

Last year I used a nativity for the centerpiece and I loved it!  What a way to keep the REASON for the season front and center!!  This nativity is my favorite because it has a Bible verse on each figure. super cute!!  I made it more of a centerpiece by putting it all on a big white serving dish and then layering it with some doilies (for added texture.)

In the sun room...
 This is the FUN table!!  The placemats have gifts on them! I have gift shaped plates on top of plain white plates. (placemats and gift plates were from my mom, plain white plates from World Market)

For the centerpiece... a fun floral arrangment surrounded by gold and red ornaments and red beads, all nestled on top of a brass serving tray.
Thanks for stopping by!!  So happy to be back blogging!!