Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Perfect Ladder

Not sure how or why I came up with this idea.  Most likely I saw it on Pinterest.  Do I have any original ideas anymore?

Anways... I knew I wanted an old wooden ladder for the gray and yellow guest bathroom.  I found this beauty in Canton, TX at First Mondays. If you've never been to Canton- you must go!!  Quite an experience. 

and I just LOVE the ladder! It instantly warms up the room!  On HGTV, the designers always talk about bringing in wood to "warm" up a room. I never really understood that, since all of my house has hardwood floors, I guess all of my rooms are instantly warmed :)  But the moment the ladder entered the bathroom, I understood.  Feels totally different!

I like hanging current magazines on the bottom 2 rungs.   I have to say that the November issues of magazines looked better since the color palette (not sure if this should be palate or palette, spelling was  never my strong point) fit with the yellows.  But, it's still fun to rotate the magazines.

Yay for old dirty wooden ladders!!

2 comments:

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

Looks great! You're right, it does warm up the space. Love the yellow in there!

Household Executive said...

Looks GREAT!