Friday, December 16, 2011

Spiced up Votives

Again, I'm copying my best friend and her cool gifts to  me. But hey- isn't that the highest form of flattery?  Mindi dear- I hope you don't mind!

So... take some plain glass votives, some starbucks wrappers, and some paint chips (I chose red).
 Lay out the wrapper...
 Draw straight lines on the curved wrapper. I used a ruler and traced both sides for even thickness on each candle.
 Wrap it around the glass votive to figure out the necessary length.
 Next, realize that you can see the Starbucks lady through the glass.  Be very glad you didn't glue it on yet.
 Use the (free) paint chip to cover up the lady.  Glue it on the back of the wrapper, trim the excess.  And be glad you have the excess to finish up the end of the wrapper. (Please do not take notice of the terrible quality of photos and lighting. It is night time.  I don't have a $1000 camera)
 Now, start wrapping again, but this time start with a line of hot glue.
 Use the hot glue again on the other side.

Admire your work and the pretty red interior.

Tie on some green raffia to complete the Christmas look!

The whole set all together!


These were so simple to make and with almost all free supplies.  But, Mindi gave me a set of them last Christmas and they are seriously my favorite candles!!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE your crafts! Keep sharing, it's inspiring! :)

Household Executive said...

Aw thanks! Just catching up on the blog! Super cute!!