Thursday, December 15, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift

Tomorrow is the last day of school before Christmas break!  This means that I am more busy this week than 90% of the school year!  The very first month of school and the last week of school are equally busy.  But I can't complain too much... since most of the year is pretty steady and then we do get the whole summer off :)

Anyway, I am trying to quickly get together a few gifts for my co-worker!  My sweet kindergarten teaching partner has been such a blessing this year!!   And, thanks to pinterest, I am all inspired to do handmade this year!!  Both gifts that I made for her are pretty close replicas of ones I was given last year (by my dear dear dear friend who I miss seeing every single day!)


Tote Bag... started out plain and simple
 I wanted to make Ashley Ann's version... and I have a few totes left, so I still may.

But I went even more simple, yet super cute...
 I wrote "teach" in cursive in pencil. Then went over it part by part in glue (Alene's tacky glue)  and then put on turquoise sequin ribbon.
 This photo is without the flash so you can get a better idea of the color.
I think it turned out super cute!  I may make another just like it!  Or make one like Ashley Ann :)

No comments: