Saturday, December 31, 2011

Seriously?

My sweet, smart, creative, loving brother has never been much of a packer.  I always am an over-packer. I want to be sure I have everything I could POSSIBLY need for ANY situation.  I make lists, I cross them off. I make new lists, I double and triple check.
My brother just throws stuff in a bag and figures something will work.

I will never forget a few years back, I helped my bro move out of his dorm.  We packed up all of his clothes into any bag we could find- suitcase, duffle, laundry bag- clean clothes, dirty clothes, whatever- then moved back to my dad's.

A couple of days later we were going to visit my mom in North Carolina.  We got to her house and the next morning, he comes in and says, "well, we need to go to the store and buy some underwear." 
"What? How can you be out of underwear already? Did you forget to pack it?"
He replies, "I didn't forget. I just didn't pack anything. I just grabbed one of the suitcases we moved out of the dorm and figured it'd have whatever I needed.  Oh and I also need a toothbrush."

I could never be that laid back about what I take on a trip.

So it should come as no surprise to see the socks he brought to my house for 5 days over Christmas.
Not a single matching pair.  Not even close.
He just reached into his drawer, grabbed a handful, and packed them.

Love him.

No comments: