Monday, December 19, 2011

Why do you know that?

We all know kids say "the darn-dest things."  But do you ever wonder how they figured out some of the things they can do??

For example... I subbed last week in a 1st grade classroom.  I had never been in this classroom before. I had never met these kids before. 

Sometimes you can tell just by looking at someone if they are "different" or "normal."  You know- you expect funny things out of certain kids mouths, while others will probably never say something funny in their lives.  That's just how it is.

So after about 20 minutes in this particular 1st grade classroom, a very NORMAL looking child came up to me.  Actually, it was a GIRL (which is important in this story). 

Yes a NORMAL GIRL came up to me after having just met her 20 minutes ago, and she told me...

"I can lick my arm pit. See, watch."

I was shocked. stunned. speechless.

And it didn't matter, she wasn't looking for me to say anything. She licked her armpit, turned around, and sat down in her chair and did her work.

Because that's what 1st grade kids do.

No comments: