Thursday, October 9, 2008

What Dress to Wear?

Last Friday night we had the honor of eating dinner at Ty's boss' house.

At school that day, some 1st grader mentioned "let's have a fiesta!" So I told them I was going to a fiesta that night and didn't know what to wear. I told them it was at my husband's boss' house. Immediately a little 1st grade boy yells "wear a black sparkly dress!"

A black sparkly dress? Wowzers - that is very formal. But I did not say that. I said "okay, great idea." But a little girl informed me I should wear a pink dress, someone else said red, and the big debate began.

Finally a different little boy yells above the crowd "wear an anaranjado dress!" (remember, this is Spanish class- he is a trouble maker - he was trying to impress me!) I said, "Great idea, but I don't have an anaranjado dress." (that means orange, I'm curious- does anyone have an orange dress?) His response was quick "then go buy one." Oh okay, I'll add that to my things to do today.

Now, no one did ever agree on what color my dress should be. But the entire class did agree it should be a dress and it HAS to be sparkly!

I wore jeans and a black sleeveless top. My class will be very disappointed.

No comments: