Friday, October 3, 2008

I love Fridays!!

Welcome to my home on the world wide web. I am excited to share my life and experiences with you through this little blog. Enough about that...

As I write, I am sitting at my desk in my freezing classroom. I have on long pants and a long sleeve t-shirt, plus a fleece and a blanket. I do not have control of the temperature in here- there are two possible settings, Antarctica or off. Yesterday I asked for it to be off, I was sweating by the end of the day. So today, we're back to Antarctica and I am in a blanket. Lovely. Did I mention I live in Dallas and it is actually 90 degrees outside?

Today is Friday... my favorite day of the week. For a lot of reasons... and now I'd like to share those with you...

1. the obvious- last day of work

2. date night with Ty

3. soccer games (for the past few months I've been playing co-ed soccer, more to come another day)

4. the start of the weekend

5. center day in class (which means less up front teaching/talking for me)

6. the first day of a weekend trip (not every week, but sometimes :)

7. the day after the new Office episode (which means I can watch it again and again)

8. the beginning of 2 days with more energy and a not sore throat (it's always hurting during the school week)

9. this one is for today only: I will be picking up 9 pairs of pants from the tailors. Yes I said 9. Turns out that for the past 3 years I have been purchasing pants, but have failed to have them hemmed and therefore have never worn them. Recently I went through my closet and discovered 9 pairs of pants with the tags of them and decided it was time something be done!


No comments: