Saturday, October 11, 2008

¡Bienvenidos a Español!

Welcome to my Spanish classroom!! This room is where I spend most of my waking hours during the week! Let's go for a tour...

This is the view when you first walk in the dooor. I actually have rearranged the tables into 4 straight rows since taking this picture, but you get the point :)


This is looking toward the front of the room. The door to walk in is directly to the right of the board. Up front we have the lovely calendar, board, and birthday bulletin board... Feliz cumpleaños to you!

Here's my little office area :) I love all of the pictures and happy things I get to look at. You can see the door to the hallway on the left.

Facing straight out from my chair, you'd be looking at all the tables where the kids sit. But, if you look toward the back of the room you'd see the view below...

center cubbies, bulletin boards, computers, and my rug and rocker... love it!

Another view of the back of the room... look how happy it is!! Notice the blanket on the rocker- I use this daily because my room is the temperature of Antarctica. Fabulous!

Across from the cubbies is a pole that was covered with disgusting nail holes and paint scratches and just gross. So I turned it into this cute little scene... much nicer.
And on the other side of that pole is this bulletin board below. I decided to alway put up a proverb or psalm on the board in Spanish. This is the one from the beginning of the school year. It's probably time to change it... any suggestions for verses?
And that is basically my classroom. Thanks for joining me on the tour! It took a lot of work, and never looks quite this neat anymore (I took these pictures before school actually started). But it is a happy room, even if it is freezing cold.






No comments: