Friday, October 24, 2008

The Gift


One of my all time favorite students gave me a gift the other day. OK, actually all my students from my 3rd grade classes are my all time favs!
So, I have Gabby-cakes in Spanish year- so at least I get to see some of my former students. First Chaney (another fav) comes in and says "Mrs. Sawyer I got you a gift, but I left it my backpack in the hall, can I go get it?"
Now Chaney is definitely a gift-giver and she
always gives me sweet gifts. So I told her go get it and she came back with a box of hot tamales because she remembers I ate them once and really liked them.
So Gabby-cakes says "I have a gift too, can I go get it?" Sure Gabby, go ahead.
She comes back with this box of cube gum- my favorite! the only thing is- she says "here it is, but it' s kinda smashed and I ate some of it" I look inside, there are only 3 pieces left. :) And that picture is exactly what it looked like when she handed it to me.
I love it! Oh how I love those girls! That smashed box and hot tamales have made me smile for days :)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

That is hilarious. So sweet. I bet you have such joy from teaching little ones. That's precious.