Friday, August 14, 2009

Renters Only

A few weekends ago, we headed out to Canton, TX for First Mondays. What is First Mondays you ask?? Only the worlds LARGEST flea market and trade show. Because, of course, everything is BIGGER in Texas! I mean seriously- it is huge! We went just for fun because my sister was here visiting and it is quite the experience! And I was also looking for a mirror for my newly built half bath.

And this is what I found...
You are correct. There is actually no mirror. But I also needed a shelf for the bathroom because the tiny sink cannot hold a soap dispenser, and this has a shelf. It's also super cute. And it has 2 towel hooks. And I like it. And it was only $35. And I thought that a mirror could be hung on it very easily. Of course, I still didn't have a mirror.

Plus, once I saw the back, I was sold...
Here's the close up: "This toilet is for renters only. Keep Out!" Yes, it used to be a door and apparently a bathroom door for renters only. weird. but funny.

So the search was still on for a mirror. Only this time, it was much more simple- because the white "thing" was so cute, the mirror could be pretty simple and plain. I bought a couple of VERY plain mirrors at Michael's- one rectangle, one round- the kind without a frame that you might place a candle on. Didn't look quite right. Plus I wasn't sure how to actually hang those mirrors.
Then I went to Marshall's and found this...
for only $15. (it was on clearance)


I haven't actually hung it yet- but look...

I think I will probably center the mirror so it won't be resting on the shelf. But it was easiest this way for the picture taking. Cute though, huh?
I'll post a picture when the project is complete. Hopefully I'll actually do it soon. But I am PRETTY good at procrastinating.... so, we'll see.
Off to yummy dinner to celebrate my first "week" as a kindergarten teacher!! (I say "week" loosely, because we've only had school for 2 days.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!! Where did you go for yummy dinner?

Dandy said...

I'm so jealous you have acess to a flea market like that!

Love your finds, they look great!

dawn eshnaur said...

Another similarity.....I love Canton, too! It is so great! I have only been there twice, but plan to go back in the fall. I wanted to ask you something. You mentioned the blog "whatever". How did you get started reading it? I read it too! My friend here in Siloam is from Newton and got me started on all the blogs from Newton. Take care and have a great school year!
Kindergarten rocks!