Thursday, August 20, 2009

Literally

After having dealt with 40 million questions in 2 minutes from 14 different students, I snapped. Not literally.

But very calmly I explained that this is NOT how kindergartners act. I should have "pulled sticks" for all of that talking out. But I am being nice.

But, tomorrow nice Mrs. Sawyer is going away. Mean Mrs. Sawyer will be here. And you should know that you will lose sticks for talking out.

I noticed a little girl crying. I figured it was because she had been talking out, so I kept going on and on.

finally I stopped and looked at her, "Asia, what's wrong?"

"Are you ever going to come back?" She asked.

Oh man. She thought I was really going away. Note to self: kindergartners take everything LITERALLY. duh.

1 comment:

Sarah W. said...

Oh my goodness, that is too funny. It reminds me of that story....I totally cannot remember the name, but I am sure you do....where the teacher comes dressed as a mean lady so the kids will learn to be good. But yours is funnier because its real life :)