Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And it begins...

It doesn't take long for kids to feel comfortable and loved by someone. And as soon as they do, they begin opening up. WAY up!!

(the rest of this post is rated PG -13. You were warned)

This morning, we walked into the classroom, put our backpacks on the hooks, and began walking to our seats. This takes less than a minute to do. And in that first minute this is what I heard.

Student 1: "Mrs. Sawyer, I had a nightmare last night. I didn't sleep well."

Student 2: "Mrs. Sawyer, I peed in my mom's bed last night."

At that point, I said "OK, let's take a seat and be quiet." Oh man. It's already beginning.


And here's a story from the other kinder class.

Day 2 of school. They were working on patterns. We like to use manipulatives, draw, clap, whatever we can to get them interested. So she was doing a pattern of "head, shoulders, knees and toes." over and over.

Then she asked the kids to come up with one. Remember this is day 2 of school. A little boy stands up and says "boob, boob, penis."

"Oh okay. let's move on."

I love kindergarten.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hysterical! Josh and I are laughing so hard.

Sarah W. said...

And this is Christian school right?? Imagine public school.....eek!!