Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kindergarten Round Up

I have been diligently working in my classroom all summer! well, not ALL summer, but pretty often. I had to pack up my entire classroom, even the things that were not mine personally. I moved my stuff to my new kindergarten room and the school's Spanish stuff to the new Spanish room.

Just so you can REALLY appreciate my work, here's the "before." This is a picture after the other teacher had moved out, but the furniture had not been taken. New furniture was brought in for me and all of my boxes were there. Lovely.


Disgusting.
But here's the AFTERS!!
Welcome to Kindergarten Round Up. (we went with a western theme this year)





(don't mind Julia walking out of my room, she refused to turn around for the picture, so I took it like this. And I told her I was going to post it. And I did.)


Calendar Corral

entrance to my room. a little nook full of blocks, puzzles, and other fun games.


My desk area.


The two happy kindergarten teachers!! Tomorrow we plan on dressing western and wearing our hair in pigtail braids for the first day! What a great look to go on each child's 1st Day scrapbook page! ha!


One day I had so much to do in my room, I didn't even know where to start. So, I got out the Modge Podge and the Western tissue paper and went to town.
Just look at what a Pringle's can can become...
Have a box you don't care for? Add some cow print and a red lid! All better :)Have an ugly white cabinet from Walmart that has moved with you to 2 apartments and 2 classrooms and is yucky? Just use some spray adhesive to cover the door and staple a seam on the "table cloth" piece. (Yes, I used a stapler to make a seam. Don't hate me for being creative.)


Our daily assignment folders.... We are calling them My HORSE-- Happy Organized Ready Student Everyday. Did you bring your HORSE to school today?? Presh. (we noticed a little too late that the cowboy on the horse are actually cowboys AND cowGIRLS. While this one worked out just fine and dandy, most of the boy names are on cowGIRLS and most of the girl names are on cowBOYS. oops.)

Our Reading Bags. Right now this contains their blend ladders and later will also have their reading books. Don't know what a blend ladder is?? Me either! ha!


Here's the big bulletin board in the hallway. "Wanted by God" - each paper has a child's name on it. Tomorrow we will take their pictures and paste them on. Oh cuteness!!
Here's my classroom "Wanted" bulletin board- each hat has a child's name on it.


And the dreaded "sticks" chart. First notice the cuteness... the pockets are denim blue jean pockets- love it!! So each child starts with 4 sticks each morning, if they break a rule, they have to pull a stick. Pull all 4 sticks in 1 day and go to the principal's office. Oh yes. It happens.

Thanks for joining me on a tour of my classroom!! I can't wait to see it full of kids tomorrow! I'm also so glad to have it documented, because it will never be this clean again. I can guarantee it!
Wish me luck! Pray for me! I'm excited and nervous- all at the same time!!

4 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Am I missing something? Are you teaching Kindergarten and not Spanish? Didnt you just take a bunch of Spanish tests? Am I crazy?

And.....
I LOVE your theme. So adorable. You are so cute and creative. I love it :)

Smits Family said...

Can you be Wills teacher in a few years?@

Brandi Tooker said...

Love the room - super cute! And love how crafty you are! Hope it goes well!!

Dandy said...

The room looks awesome! I want to hear all about the kindegarteners. That spelling looks weird.

Really though, I want to hear all about it!