Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Amazing Invitations

When I was in 2nd grade, I met a girl name Megan. She was so cool. She had pretty blue eyes and her brown hair was always styled so cute. even in 2nd grade. Her mom would take the front inch or so of hair and french braid it across her head, making a headband of hair. I was amazed. I wore my stringy hair straight and long and stringy.

I immediately decided Megan was cool and knew I wanted her to be my friend. She must have liked stringy hair, because she became mine.

And that was the beginning. We were inseparable for all of elementary school (except for a few weeks when a "3-way" best friend necklace was involved). Anyways, Megan moved to Texas after 6th grade. So I immediately decided that I liked country music and I visited her a few times each year.

The friendship has amazingly lasted all this time. Of course we would sometimes go a few months without talking much, but it's that easy friendship that always picks up right where you left off.

Fun thing is that we now both live in the same city! So we're 22 years older and still best friends.

And Megan is now engaged! Super fun times. I should have known that her wedding invitations would be more than fabulous- I mean she always had more than fabulous hair!

So here is a blog dedicated to Megan's invitations. If I had known how cool they were all going to be, I would have saved the shower invites too. (but I didn't).

The Save the Date...
(sorry for the small image)

The paper is actually cream colored and torn on the edges. And you can just barely see a tan image in the background of a chapel in Santa Fe. (because the wedding is in Santa Fe). I love the brown and turquoise colors!
Even the back is cool. If only you could see the tree at the bottom- there is a blue M + R on the trunk!! Oh the details just thrill me!

And then the wedding invitation arrived. Simple, yet sophisticated!
Have you every seen such fancy writing??? a true piece of art- in words!
Next was the fun bachelorette weekend invites! Even the itinerary was cute- but I didn't include a picture of it.

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better. This cute package arrived in the mail.
The WEEKEND invitation...


Here is it untied. WOW. (her brother drew this amazing picture.) I mean are you kidding me??

Oh yes, it is an accordion fold. Here it is unfolded. amazing.

Here's the back. So so cute.


A picture of the newly engaged couple. (You may notice that the bikers drawn on the fabulous picture have on the same color shirts and bikes as Megan and Roy in this picture. DETAILS!)

A note from the couple...

The map on the back. Even the map is a work of art!!
I didn't get close ups of the weekend details... but I promise it's going to be a blast!!
A welcome dinner on Friday
Pool and Picnic Party on Saturday afternoon
Spirit of Santa Fe (rehearsal) Dinner Saturday night
Wedding on Sunday
Send off Brunch Monday morning
and each event description includes a time, place, attire, and activities. And for this many "attire" options, they included an "attire card" (man I feel fancy and special!)

(I'm personally looking forward to wearing my "fun party dress" to the Santa Fe Chic Spirit of Santa Fe dinner!!)

And a special invite like this requires a very special reply card. so many choices! so many boxes!!

Maybe one of my favorite things is that each event also equals lots of yummy food and dessert!! I've been talking with Megan throughout the planning process and I know all about the food and cakes... and I'm excited!!

Seriously though- how cool are these invites? I hope they amazing factor comes across over the internet- because I hold in my hand my new favorite invitation. And I plan on using it someday for something awesome that I'm going to do. I'll keep you posted :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, those are all awesome! The invites got me all excited about it and I don't even know the couple. How fun!

Have a great time (and see if you can score us an invite! =)

Dandy said...

Those are amazing!! The weekend thing is just too much! And I mean that in a good way of course.