Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh How Your Garden Grows!

Back on July 4th, we had an extreme garden makeover. It was fabulous. Remember this...

With just some love, lots of water, and plenty of sunshine, we now have this...
(yes that was actually the same flower bed, just a different angle)
Remember my cute little wagon?

Now you can just barely see it!! I filled it with yellow zinnias- which have taken off! Not to mention all of the flowers surrounding it!! You can barely see dirt anymore.
And our crepe myrtle has just blossomed out of control!! (we found out the real trick is LOTS of water. and singing to it sometimes. Just kidding. But I do talk to my garden most days, I tell it how lovely it is. It works. Try it.)

Look at how many roses we have blooming now.

As you walk down the sidewalk, you are followed by a full bed of lantana and pink roses. And I mean full!! LOVE IT!

And here's the bed under the guest room window right after it was planted. See the cute sweet potato vines in the front? And the knock out roses just waiting to blossom?? Here it is now!! You can't even see my cute little red buckets!! Wow! And I have to trim the sweet potato vine constantly to keep it off the flowers! wow!!
There's the bucket!! Oh it's full of white vinca- and look fabulous!! And notice how the roses have just filled right in!! God is sooo good!
Looking back toward the driveway. It really is a beautiful walk in the morning. Even at 7:00 a.m.
A close up of the fabulous roses! Oh how I hope the color comes through on your screen!

Remember my little statue? I love it! But now you have to really look for it. Which is exactly what I wanted, an unexpected surprise! Not a prominent figure, but a secret gift :)
We filled the big urn on the porch with pink and white vincas. Remind me to alternate the colors as I plan them next time, not half and half. Half and half is kinda weird. But they have grown a ton!! And they just bring some height to the garden.
Did you notice the awesome copper pot next to the urn?? well- that is our garden hose holder- from Smith and Hawken. Don't worry, we haven't actually put a hose in it yet. Only because we never actually put our hose away. but we will one day. and it will look great!


And that my friends, is what God does with some sunshine, water, and flowers. I taught my kinders today that God is creative! And my garden proves it in every sense of the word!

No comments: