Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Broadmoor

Finally, the grand ending to our Colorado Vacation. The famous Broadmoor Resort! We drove up and were just astonished. It is truly beautiful!!

See how happy we are to be there!

Our "standard" room with the "pathetic" mountain view was amazing!! I said "pathetic" because as we were walking to the room, the bellman actually apologized to us that we had a mountain view. I guess the more popular view is to the inner courts of the resort. But we liked the mountains just fine! Oh and my favorite part of the room was the personal reading lamp incorporated into the beautiful bedding. I used it.


Even the bathrooms are posh. (is that a word? Or just a Spice Girl? whatever. The bathrooms were wonderful.)

I loved the frilly everything... shower curtains, regular curtains, bedding. Even Ty didn't mind it. I am influencing him :)

the lake in the middle. So basically the Broadmoor is 2 main buildings to stay in. Plus a TON of shops, 3 golf courses, lots of restaurants, and a huge pool, all surrounding this pretty lake.
There's the pool. We're standing on the walkway in the middle of the lake that connects the 2 sides. You can walk all the way around the lake or straight through the middle. We did both. We had eaten a lot on vacation. We needed to walk.
There's a view of the East building. The one we stayed in. Inside there is this long hallway filled with rows of photos of famous people who have stayed here. There were tons of people, actors and actresses, singers, sports players, presidents, rich people, lots of people. I just sent them my head shot, so if you go, let me know how it looks on the wall.

Dinner. We did not bring fancy dresses or sport jackets, so we "had" to eat at the grill on the golf course. I don't remember the name. I could look it up on the website, but I'm lazy. And hungry. So here's what we had. Even the "grill" was fancy food.

Steve's salad came out looking like sushi- wrapped up in a slice of cucumber. so fancy!
My vegetable soup was amazing!! (sorry about the bad lighting. the flash made the photos look bad, but no flash didn't help. oh well.) I like the fancy bowl.

My California Roll. (I had no idea it was only 4 pieces, I would have ordered more food. But then again, fancy restaurants do always serve small portions). The crab was definitely real, not that imitation stuff or salad mixture that most places use.

Tessie's crab cakes. Again, very small, but she said they were delicious.

Ty and Luke both got pizza- "Chicago style". But I've been to Chicago and eaten pizza, and this is NOT thick enough. But on the right path. And very tasty.

Steve got salmon, I forgot a picture. We had a blueberry anise cobbler for dessert. I forgot a picture. But I didn't really like it. I don't think I like anise- I don't even know what it is, but I'm guessing it was the strange taste that I didn't care for.

Here we are a the pool. It's an infinity pool that looks like it runs straight into the lake. It does not. but it looks cool.
The cabanas. I wish I had a spare week just to lay in one of those.


Aww... aren't we precious. Don't we just look like Broadmoor type people? We're not. Not normally. But I could get used to it! Oh and you can see the paddle boats that you can take out on the lake.

The pool had these awesome slides. Wish I had brought a swimsuit!


The entire grounds was filled with amazing flowers. I mean it was absolutely stunning. We liked this planter full of mini petunias.


Here's some cool grasses we liked. I should have taken more pictures of the flowers. But I only took the ones we were interested in using in our garden. Speaking of our garden, last week it rained for 4 days and now our flowers have grown and bloomed out of control! I need to take some pics and give you an update.

Here we are again- with the main buliding behind us. It was serious luxurious at every turn.


When we returned to our room there was a box of chocolates and a note to "welcome" us to the Broadmoor. Wow.
Of course the night was completed with a turn down service and chocolates left on the pillows.
Sadly, we had to leave the next morning and drive 12 hours home. It was exhausting.
So we ate breakfast at the Broadmoor hotel. And then we had lunch at Sonic and dinner at Dairy Queen with a whole bunch of flies. It was a sad ending.

2 comments:

The Shoemake Family said...

cracking up at leaving fancy and eating at sonic and dairy queen with flies... I think I have eaten at that dairy queen was in it Childress? with lots of flies haa LOL for sure

Dandy said...

The broadmoor is amazing!

And as a person that has both dined at and managed fine dining... you need more food! :P