Friday, January 30, 2009

Resisting!

So my bathroom policy in class is that 2 kids have to go together to the bathroom, but no more can go until they return (since kids are smart and like to not be in class and hang out in the tiny bathroom instead).

As soon as 3rd grade got here, 1 boy asked to go to the bathroom, I asked him to please wait until I started class, then he could go during work time. He said sure. So as soon as work time came, he asked again, and I let him go.

Not 30 seconds later, another boy came up and asked to go to the bathroom. I said sure, when boy # 1 comes back. He said "Ohhhh."

Another 30 seconds, and I see boy # 2 walking in a circle, sit down, write a word, stand up, walk in another circle, sit down. I ask "what are you doing?" "Resisting." Okay- whatever.

30 seconds later, he is up doing a little dance, sits down, writes a word, stands up and wiggles, etc. So I say "What are you doing?" "resisting!" "resisting what?" "Using the restroom."

"Oh okay... just go, grab a buddy, and don't talk to the other two boys in the bathroom."

So right now, since I have a class in here, and will have a class in here for the next 2 hours, I am also RESISTING! But in 2 hours, I will go to the bathroom.

1 comment:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Oh, that's funny! At least you know he really did have to go!