Monday, January 19, 2009

Canton Finds

Okay - well we did go to Canton, TX a few weeks ago. Canton is a huge flea market the weekend of the 1st Monday of every month- in fact it's called "First Mondays." So, the Sawyer family loaded up in the Explorer and pick -up truck to go find us some goods! We had a few furniture pieces to look for... and our #1 priority was successful!!

To begin with... we have a 1939 home, with basically original everything, except for the kitchen. It's very cottage-y, which I love! And most of the doors have very cute old fashioned door knobs- but they are full of paint and bent up. Not the cute old crystal ones. Here's a replacement gold doorknob to our bedroom- oh the horror!


The week before Christmas I used some gift cards from students to purchase this adorable crystal one from Anthropologie. Unfortunately I had to take off the cute key hole plate- and now I'll have to patch up the door and repaint- but can't you see how cute it's going to be!!

Okay- so then we went to Canton, and what do I find? More crystal door knobs- 3 all the same and waaaaay cheaper than my 1 from Anthropologie. So I bought them... and we only have 3 more doors on that hallway- so perfect! Still need to put them on though.
What else did we get in Canton?? Well, let me show you. Ty has long been wanting a cow print something in our home. And here's what we found...


Isn't the footstool adorable?? It's handmade and was such a great deal- only $50~ so we also purchased the matching throw pillow with cow hide on both sides. (I like to say "fur" but Ty insists that it is "hide" - either way- you get the point.)

A close up of the adorable footstool. Yay!

Oh and we had one more purchase, but apparently I haven't taken a picture yet... so... to be continued

1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

The crystal knobs are gorgeous!