Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Getting Scrappy

Presenting all of my productions from scrapbook weekend!! This first page is the "cover page," I actually made it last year- and I had a few other pages done, but I did not include them in this LONG post. This scrapbook begins with Ty proposing and moves right through the wedding preparations and into married life.

Okay- so this page on the left was a new one- getting my wedding dress!!


Close up of the page. Love the "chip clips" holding the size 14 dress on.

This is a shower page. Ty and his best friend, Ben, showed up and opened one last gift- acting like they think we girls act when we open presents. Hmm..

A new technique I learned was to put each letter on individual pieces of paper. see how cute it looks. Also using some capitals and some lower case randomly makes a cute look.

Next page- our wedding day - or at least the day we signed the papers in Dallas :)
I tried to be cute and write in black, then add some dots and lines in white to spice up the letters. I need some practice.

Here's the bridesmaid luncheon day and another shower. Super fun. I loved all the girly green and pink papers (my wedding colors by the way).

Rehearsal dinner page - this is the ONLY photo we have from our rehearsal dinner- if you have some, feel free to end them to me. I cut up the program with the menu and things to include on this page. Love the swirls- all on the paper.
Close up of the photo- plus this ribbon was on the program-so I tied a bow and curled it. made a border around the photo.
Getting my hair done with Craig. The journaling explains how Craig has done my hair for 11 years and how special it was for him to do my wedding hair.


Close up of the letters- torn paper, inked, with individual letters. I'm new to inking- so it's a bit over done, but still looks okay.

The actual wedding day!!
The letters June 30, 2007 were cut on a woman's cricut machine (pronounced cricket apparently). what a cool $400 machine! I think I'll just use random strangers or encourage Julia to buy one :) Loved my flowers! That's a close up of a bridesmaid's bouquet.
You can't see it well- but I used lots of different photo borders on this page- flower ribbon, vellum paper, and around the cake is actually some journaling talking about the groom's cake.
HONEYMOON PAGES! Okay- making these made me want to go on a trip!! The color scheme changes to orange and blue here. And I started to include some things from the trip: brochures, plane stubs, wrist bands, etc.






close up of these super cute letters. Little round pieces of cork board with a black letter- so beachy!! and on top of torn orange paper. Love the layers!
I always have some flowers - stickers or chip board- to be able to include on different pages

I loved these brown letters.

The food! I love taking pictures of interesting looking food- Ty makes fun of me- but what a cool page. I read a blog where this lady always uses a white gel pen for all journaling and it's super cute- so I've been searching for one, but have not been successful. I borrowed this one from a lady at the retreat- it does look cute doesn't it?? If you find a good white gel pen, please let me know where to purchase it!!


see- more cute flowers. Oh and I have a lot of fun "S"- I just have been included those randomly (S is for our last name :)) And this paper I took from Julia- it is sand- how cute is that?


Close up of the journaling- another new technique is to journal in 2 colors- change up the color for words you want to stand out. See the green admist the blue? I likey.
We went to Colorado a month after our wedding with Ty's family. These pages I made super late at night and they are not too good- so I'm not even showing them. But I do think this picture of some friends' kids is super cute- the kids are cousins- so I added the little tag that says "sweet cousins" and put a ribbon on it . I used a lot of tags for journaling and really liked them.
"Thanks-Christmas" We spent our first Thanksgiving with my mom- but did Christmas with her that weekend too.

I love all the different letters in this word- also I put some leaves by Thanksgiving and a Christmas sticker by Christmas. How cute is my brother in this photo?

Okay- I just had to include this picture- is my grandma not so adorable here? I just love her to death!! Also- I made the frame by using some curvy scissors.

Our 1st Christmas (just Ty and I). I tore a red page in half and glued it down on both ends. I think that looks cute as a big spread.

Close up of us- some journaling in 2 colors (black and white), a NOEL sticker, and our decoration pictures.

I loved how "Our 1st Christmas" turned out- had to use random caps and lower case due to what was available- but it looks cute. Also, the "O Holy Night" was a rub on, I put it on some Christmas paper, then inked the edges in red. How crafty I'm getting :)

Julia's Disco Party! How fun is this page?? See the cute tag in the middle? It is the title- plus has a couple of ribbons on it. I glued the ends of the ribbon down so that it didn't cover any pictures too much.
Third Grade- I taught 3rd grade for 2 years. Here's a few random pics from last years class. Love them!! I wrote THIRD on one page and GRADE on another. The bottom right picture has the whole class, so I wrote each kids name on a piece of torn paper and then glued it above their heads.

And that's my creation, more or less. I'm not great or super creative, but it's fun and now the memories are preserved in a cute way with lots of descriptions. I have a ways to go to get caught up, but that's okay- I'm planning another scrapbook weekend real soon :)

2 comments:

Whitney said...

This is sooo cute! Good job! :) It's neat to have scrap books to remember big events by! Fun!

Anonymous said...

You did such a great job.. you're not usually this disorganized. ha... you did great julia