Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Iced In!

So yesterday the roads were supposed to be TERRIBLE! they were not. People in Texas seem to overreact to the prediction of bad weather. But last night, everything really did freeze, and I think the roads were legitimately bad this morning- since Texas does not have enough salt machines to properly prepare the roads. So, at 5:40 am, I received the most glorious phone call

"Hello?"
"No school at all today!"
"oh yeah! Thanks!"
"good night"
"good night"

And with that, I rolled over and fell back asleep.

My sweet husband was supposed to fly out to Cincinnati this morning, but instead, woke up, watched the news, called the airlines, and changed his flight to 1:50. So we spent the morning together and he just walked out the door for the airport.

Hopefully I will write a much more creative blog later today, but for now, I am basking in my surprise day off.

No comments: