Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On the Funny Side of Things

Yesterday I posted all of the construction updates... but here are some of the funny tid bits into the addtion...

as they connect the old and new, they have had to tear down a wall that used to be on the outside of the house.... and we have made some interesting finds there...

Original Wall Paper from the master bedroom... they actually just wall papered onto the plywood (the dry wall was added YEARS later). I found 2 large sections and am going to frame it and keep it in the house... a little bit of history.

Way more interesting... last weekend they found THIS in the wall...

Yup. a bottle of whiskey. straight from 1938. I am guessing the original builders drank this on the job and then just stuck the empty bottle in between the 2x4s and covered it right up! ha!


I cleaned the glass part up a lot and gently brushed the yucky (and old) insulation off of the label. I think this will be on display as well :)


Last Saturday morning this pulled up to our cute little house...

A giant purple dumpster! it is more than half way full. And will stay for another few weeks. I think it is the perfect color for EASTER!! ha!!

But personally, I am a fan of the graffiti!! In fact, I have some spray paint in the garage and may have to add my own graffiti!! Kidding. I think.


And finally... this morning I left my pink and blue bathroom for the last time. I cleaned it out completely. The workers were coming at 8:30 to start the demolition and fill the remaining space in the dumpster. I am not sad to see this bathroom go. I have never liked it. Never will. But I do have a picture for the memories :)

Oh the tub. good bye forever.



Now... I need to go home and take pictures of the progress of the bathroom and also of how crazy and full our dining room and living room are! the joys of construction!!

1 comment:

Shoemake Kindergarten said...

I know you are sooo sad to see the pink tub gone. NOT