Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Addition Progress

Well... it's been awhile since I posted about our addition... and LOTS has happened!! I have been taking pictures often... I have some fun, silly ones to show later. Today is purely construction update... so here we go...

the walls of plywood went up! this is now the view from the deck. LOTS of siding will be here. I am thinking lattice with vine growing on it OR window boxes OR just some cool outdoor art.
From the backyard... looking good!!

Our "chicken coop"




Standing in our bedroom- the bed will go between those windows. (and will end around where those boards hit the ground- yes this room is gigantic! By accident!)

I laid on the floor in the spot where I'll lay in my future bed... so here is the middle of the ceiling (where the fan or light fixture will be)
and here is my view straight up into the heavens! I love that there is some tree above me! don't know why, I'll never see this view again, but I just love it!


a few days later... the plywood was on the roof- so no more seeing the sky through the rafters. here I am standing in my bedroom looking towards my bathroom (on the right) and closet (on the left)


When the plywood went on, a hole had to be cut in our real-current-covering our actual house-roof. Well, the roofers failed to show up... which lead to the debacle of the rain coming into our home. BUT, about 48 hours before THAT debacle, we had THIS debacle.
Yes, my father in law came over DEMANDING he had to get on the roof! He got up there, Ty stood on the ladder tossing his nails (1 by 1) and Steve-o nailed that tarp to the roof. He got just over half way finished, when he lost his footing, came sliding towards Ty (while I was standing at the bottom of the ladder holding it).

Next thing I see is Steve-o FLYING through the air PARALLEL to the ground from the unfinished part to right where he is in the photo above.

I hear UGH! and then nothing. I had enough time to pick up my phone, begin to dial 9-1-1, and ask Ty if he's moving.


Then I hear Steve roll over and say "Dad, gum it!" Ty yells at him to get off the roof immediately, to which Steve replies, "shut up! I have to finish!" However, he did get off of the roof quickly. Fortunately he wasn't hurt badly, just cut up and bruised and aching. He said he felt like he had been hit by a truck.


This resulted in my mother-in-law coming over during daily work in order to BABYSIT him and make sure he didn't get on the roof again.


For all of his efforts, the inability to really finish nailing the tarp down allowed the wind to blow it off and then the rain came in... but he tried. and he is still alive. (Praise God!)

and we "fired" those roofers, the new hires came over right away and we have had 3 storms since with NO rain in the house! (Praise God!)


Next went on the "home wrap" - whatever that is. It will be covered with siding, but at least now you can kind of get a feel of what it looks like when it's white.






This was an exciting moment for me! The bay window roof was added! I think it look so cute!

another view of it

Our tub was "roughed in" (don't I sound official).

and that's our shower...


the shower bench I added in last minute (due to my wise friends Brandon and Bethany's advice!)

they took off the vinyl siding AND the original siding of the house (you can see the ugly dark brown paper like stuff that was under it)... and they boarded up our window. Yep- that new sheet of drywall in the middle is where a window to our master bedroom used to be.
there's more of the ugly stuff. and that plywood on the right is covering a door that goes into our current master bedroom! So that will be door to the new walk in closet. But for now they put plywood over it since it doesn't have a lock and there is still a big opening at the bay window (remember the "chicken coop") But starting tomorrow they are putting in the bay windows and tearing out our bathroom (good by pink and blue!) - so we move in with my in-laws tomorrow night! and this door will be the access to the addition :)


the view from my spot in bed again. now we have plywood with radiant barrier on the back and a AC vent... but I know that there are blue skies and a tree above that!


For the last 2 weeks there has been a lot of work on AC, electrical, and plumbing. Not super interesting to take pictures of. But needed to get done. 3 more inspections have been done and passed! We are on the move!! (literally)

No comments: