Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More House Updates

This is reason number 1 that we moved into my in-laws... this is/was our only full bathroom...


yep- it's gone. and I am glad. I will not miss that pink and blue tile, or that rusty tub, or the very narrow space that made life in general very difficult. or the smell that only a bathroom from 1938 has.





in other news.. this is the dry wall that it takes to cover our walls... it's a large and long stack (and in the end, they had to go get about 8 more pieces.)




Here is the insulation. boring I know. but good for my pocketbook. and it helps us pass our "green energy inspection." yes, we have to have one. and they care about what type of lights I buy and what type of faucets we have- it really limits our choices. ugh.




oh- there is our old tub again. yep- I used to shower in that area.



another view of the bathroom- the wall is torn out halfway up because we had pink tile half way up the wall- awesome. not.


the floor. that is just dirt under there. dirt where there has been 80+ years of a tub leak- yuck! hence the smell. oh and they just discovered the leak when they did this... yep- we had rotten boards- they got replaced- yay!!



our NEW plumbing!! this is where one of our master vanities will go. I took this picture just so I can know what is in the walls later. I think that it's cool to know, and it may be important one day. who knows.





the new shower floor. not very exciting. but there is a bench. and it doesn't leak. so that's good.



the tub for the guest bathroom. I went to home depot to buy this. I felt cool "Um, yes, I need a tub please. can you show me where that is?"




this is the woodwork for the pocket door. just kinda interesting to me.


the LONG hallway. everyone looks at this hallway and says "wow, that's long." Yes we know people. we know.




my desk and crafting area. yay! fav!




they replaced some boards in the old bathroom- boards behind the sink and the toliet. shocker.




Dry wall is IN!!



our old shower is now a nice closet!



the guest bathroom... wahoo! it's taking shape!







my desk/ craft area... with dry wall :) i like dry wall. makes it look so nice.



Our BEDROOM!! (the bed will be where that large box is)


Would you look at that bay window seat? I LOVE IT!! wow!



another view of the bedroom



our bathroom!! tub and then shower on the right.



our bathroom- the vanities go on both sides of the door (which goes into our mega big closet)



one side of our mega big closet




the other side of our mega big closet. (yes I know, boring, and you can't tell how big it really is. but that's okay. i will get perspective pictures later, this is just documenting the progress!)



the toliet room- the pocket door closes this off. you can see on the floor the pipe where the toliet goes.



the extra large linen closet. it is WAY deep- by accident really. It was originally supposed to open into the guest bathroom, but then the master didn't have a linen closet, so we just changed where it opened. (the guest bathroom is on the other side of the wall on the right of the closet). But- now instead of being WIDE, it is DEEP. So I have to creatively think through the shelving. DEEP shelving won't work well- I mean how could you get to the stuff in the back?? feel free to shout out suggestions for me



the track for the pocket door. cool huh- this is in the top of the door opening, and it just hangs on it and slides. love it.



in our closet- our shampoo shelves. I asked for 2. I like shampoo and shower goodies a lot and I need some space.



Yesterday they mudded (that means get rid of all of the dry wall seams) I think they are "texturing" today. and then when that dries, they paint! So after school I'm going to pick out paint colors and be all ready!!






I'm really wanting to start sharing some of my inspiration photos so you can see my design ideas, just need more time to blog!!

1 comment:

BCole said...

Awesome! So excited for you to get this going! We can't wait to see the finished product!