Thursday, April 28, 2011

Master Bathroom Inspiration

Last summer, right after the architect finished our addition plans, I began doing a million and two google image searches about everything in the addition.

I have searched bathrooms, tiles, vanities, light fixtures, closet storage, door knobs, bay window seats, home office, you get the picture.

And as I found things I liked, I would copy and paste the photo into a word document. Soon I had "master bathroom," "guest bathroom," "window seat" etc all over microsoft word. and from those pictures, I have made every design decision about my addition. Unfortunately I only copy and pasted, not saved, each photo. So just now I tried to "re-find" each photo so I could share my inspiration with you. I was successful with some, but not all... you'll still get a good idea of my "mood board." (that sounds so designer official)

Google search ideas: blue bathroom, beadboard in bathroom, subway tile shower, basketweave tiles, 1930's bathroom... and here's what I got...

LOVE the blue and white combo. LOVE the subway tile with the contrasting grout. like the floor idea, but want browns not blacks.
LOVE the beadboard with shelf- still deciding if and where I could incorporate this shelf.

Love the beadboard around the tub and in front of the tub. love the shelves. do not care for the yellow

Love the basketweave... funny, I had a photo similar to this originally (couldn't find it again)... but forgot about the "area rug" aspect of the tiles here... and that's what our tile lady suggested (since the basketweave I desire is SUPER pricey. so instead of covering the floor- do the middle, outline it and surround it with cheaper tile) Yay!

LOVE 2 shampoo spots for the shower! I really like shampoos and OPTIONS in the shower-- so I need the extra space!!

LOVE the duck! not really. But do love the subways and contrasts... the fancy outline is not necessary for me. simple is good.

and all of this research led me to find this tile... my dream... at floor decor and more. yay!!

Found this cutie on Vintage tub and Bath . com. 2 of them are in my garage right now!! this was the inspiration for the colors of the floor... LOVE THESE!!! big time!!

the faucet for the sink (this looks black, it's more rubbed oil bronze- a little browner)

Lighting.... haven't made a decision here. all of my original ideas were in 2 -3 bulbs fixtures to go above the mirror. Turns out the plans call for 1 bulb fixtures on both sides of the mirror... so here are 5 options.. please tell me your fav (and the pricing is SUPER different on these, 3 are about $40 each, 2 of them are $100 each. and we need 4 of whatever we choose).... so pick away! I'll reveal the pricing later.

number 1



number 2



number 3



number 4



number 5








What's so fun is seeing some of these pieces that I've dreamed about for months show up in my garage. Can't wait to see it all come together!! I chose a paint color yesterday, but don't remember what the name was- turned that info over to my father-in-law so he can go figure out how much paint we need.


So that's my inspiration for our bathroom... can't wait to show you the finished product. and I'm excited for your lighting opinions!!

2 comments:

Household Executive said...

Number 1 or 5 if you go plain. Number 4 brings out the ornate design in the corner of the vanity.

Lida Swisher said...

Oh my, I am totally imagining your bathroom now. The subway tile would do great in your shower and bath area, and the 4th light fixture would go well with the vanity table. If I imagine it wholly, it would seem like a French bathroom to me. Anyway, it would be great to see how your bathroom looks now. =)

Regards,
Lida Swisher