Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Teaching Look

Everyday I take pictures of my class and post them on a private blog for the parents to see what we do each day. I love this! It keeps the parents totally current on what we are learning, clarifies some of the students' "stories" about what happened in school, and gives the parents fodder for a conversation about "what did you do in school today?".

However, sometimes my sweet, dear, lovely teaching assistant takes the pictures. So sometimes I end up in the pictures. And when I see these, I always post them, but I wonder "how do kids look at me all day?" and "do I always look like that?"

it's no secret, I do NOT get dressed up for PreK4. In fact, I wear the same clothes over and over- clothes I don't really care if they get messy, clothes that I will probably burn when the year is over so I can fully get rid of the germs.

But my FACES... they crack me up!!

So- here is a small sampling of my "teaching face."
Fire Drill
Helping with some craft

Demonstrating a craft

This one was posed... getting ready to help with a wet pants accident

Reading and teaching sign language. (Pioneer Woman always talks about her "alien hands." Um... look at mine!)

Science experiment
=
Science experiment
Demonstrating how to jump rope with a hula hoop (yes, it's in my job description. not.)
Holding up a letter and showing off my massive nostrils
Here she really went for the "close up of the nostrils" angle. As if I wasn't already subconsious enough about their size. Love it. And again, alien hands, with chipped off nail polish. very professional indeed.
So that is my teaching face.
I will be paying for my assistant to go to photography classes so that this doesn't happen any more.
And that was just the humor I needed today!! I am laughing to myself as I write this! Yay God! thanks for leading me in this direction!

1 comment:

Household Executive said...

you do NOT have big nostrils. never have i thought that before in my life of knowing you. never. the pictures are real. they are raw. they are everyday life. :) shall i post the ones that you have taken of students with my large rear end, or shall i say bumper, in the background? ;)