Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Trouble with Stress

So I did weight watchers last summer and successfully lost 10 pounds in 3 months.

Then I started teaching PreK, and successfully gained back 5 pounds.

Then I started weight watchers again and have successfully taken off those 5 pounds and kept it off for 3 weeks now. All while teaching PreK.

The problem is... we have had LOTS of snow days in the last few weeks and that makes the kids extra crazy... off of routine... unsure of how to act... which makes me stressed.

And normally this is fine... but Monday was Valentine's Day... so there is an abundance of chocolate and candy in my classroom.

The last 2 days I have coped with my stress by eating chocolate... and NOT in moderation... which results in me feeling annoyed with myself... and a hurting tummy (due to not being used to this amount of indulgence anymore).

So here I sit... a hurting tummy... thinking those M&M's were not worth it.... KNOWING that prayer and time with the Lord would have been MORE effective and way less painful.

Praying for more self-control tomorrow... more patience... and a better instinct to turn to the Lord... oh and I think I'm going to throw away that candy too!