Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow Day Fun

We had yet ANOTHER snow day... this time Ty had to go out of town, so I was actually able to do some crafting! yay!!

In the afternoon the roads were totally fine. So I went to Hobby Lobby and got some supplies...

First up... a wreath!! I found the cute heart thing (half off of course), but thought it wouldn't show up enough on our red door. SO I found the plain wreath. Brought it home... got out my high school cheerleading ribbons (I always knew those red ribbons would come in handy) and hot glued them to the wreath. Then I used bread twisty ties to hook the heart thing to the wreath. I found some more red ribbons and made a big bow at the top (to hide the twisty ties). Cute huh?
I didn't do anything to this- but I found it and liked it and bought it. Won't Ty be so happy to come home and find red hearts all over the house??
the Piece de resistance! I actually made this necklace!! I even made the fabric flowers!! Just a lot of fabric, a lot of cutting, and a lot of hot glue!!


Here I am displaying the cute necklace!


I wore it to school today on a red shirt... It matches so well it looks like it's part of the shirt. I got a lot of compliments!! So exciting!! first thing I've ever made that turned out cute!!
All of the fabric I bought were remnants = cheap. So I bought gray, black, navy, yellow, and red. I want to make another one... gray flowers with a gray ribbon to tie it up- more casual. And I think on my next one I want to make the flowers a little smaller and in more of a U shape.


I first saw the necklace on this post... and I read the tutorial on this post.
Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Sarah Garner said...

Such a cute necklace! I'm totally going to make this. Thanks for the idea! Enjoy your snow day...or all your snow days. :)

Unknown said...

Very cute!