Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Tables

This table setting has been out at my home for about a month. I've liked it... but I was ready for a change.
Sorry this picture is crooked. I found these brown plates in my brother-in-laws home. He bought his home from a hoarder "as-is." We took out 8 gigantic dumpsters of junk, but among the junk was some cool stuff. Like these plates, only 4 of them. I took them. He didn't even notice.

Time for a change...
I found this awesome idea to make a runner out of vintage doilies. I would connect you to the blog where i found it, but I forgot what blog it was. Just so happens that my great-grandma made tons of doilies and my mom had them. So she sent them to me! and now I have them! In the blog DYI, she sewed them together. I just laid mine on the table so I can rearrange or reuse later.


The other blog also had them on a hard wood table which looked awesome! Our table does not look awesome and must be covered at all times. But they still look really nice on this yellow cloth.

A whole mixture of size and patterns, some ivory, some white.

The whole table!

Love the pumpkins!
I think the table is missing something (besides tall white candles in the candlesticks)
I think it will look better with my china plates or some white dishes. so I may change that tonight. But I am pleased with the overall look.

Oh and I traded out the big wooden candlesticks for glass ones... I think they look more dainty with the doilies


Maybe if i had some crystal stemware out that would help too.

Suggestions??

No comments: