Friday, October 15, 2010

What Next?

So yesterday I had a meltdown (lots of tears - I"m sure anyone who knows me well is not surprised. I deal with stress, anger, happiness, etc, all the same- tears)

I spoke with a couple of sweet friends and got some encouraging advice... to pray for God to show me ONE joy, just ONE blessing each day. That I would have eyes to see that ... and that would become my focus. And for the Lord to renew my passion for the ministry He's given me.

And actually that's just what has happened! The kids were better today (not perfect, but better). Maybe because I bribed them. I told them if they had no time outs and did not tattle then they could get a prize from my treasure chest. Of course, half of the class has failed. One little girl was tattling less than 5 minutes after the announcement. But it has been better.

And my JOY for today... about 30 minutes into nap time, one little girl came over and very sleepily looked at me and said, "Mrs. Sawyer, I love you." Oh... that was just what I needed to hear. So sweet. and honest. and out of no where. Love it!

But... on to the "what next?" part of the post...
I woke up this morning, walked into the bathroom, looked in the mirror, and my eyes were swollen almost shut! Now, at 5:30 in the morning, this is not an uncommon sight. HOWEVER, today they were swollen shut due to red bumps!!

I quickly scanned my body- sure enough, my elbows, knees, and ankles were COVERED with red bumps! And when I got in the shower they started itching, badly!

I was mildly freaking out- what in the world is going on?? Most of them looked like they could be bug bites- but none of them had the little "hole" in the middle where you can see that the bug bit you. Also a few were LARGE and more like a patch rather than a bump.

Before I left for school, I woke up Ty and asked him to look at them and then also to see if he had any bumps. He had none, but he was a little worried about me.

So I came to school and went straight to the nurse. She told me she did not think bug bites for the same reason I explained, and she did not think shingles because those are normally only on 1 side of your body (I had no idea). She decided it looked like an allergic reaction, although I can't figure out what caused it by any means.

So - I took a benedryl. Yes, I just taught a whole day and stayed awake after taking a benedryl. I am quite sleepy. I have had an upset stomach and felt a little loopy for most of the day. But maybe that's why it was a better day, maybe I was just more laid back today.

I'm starting to itch a little again, but I have a soccer game tonight and want to play. So I'm going to try and wait until after my game to take another benedryl. But seriously... what next???

No comments: