Thursday, October 14, 2010

Feeling Bad

I'm feeling pretty bad about yesterday's post. I don't know if you read it the way I wrote it- but I am frustrated. I was venting. and I created this blog as a place to remember joyful and happy things. To help me focus on the positive.

Truthfully, it's been a rough week in class this week. The kids are talking MORE than usual and pooping/peeing, well, as much as usual. And it is making me tired. It is making me prideful, thinking "I deserve to be teaching something better than this."

Truth is... this is the hardest job I've ever had. It takes a special person to teach preschool kids. And I don't know if I'm that person. I KNOW I'm not on my own- only with God's help. So am I leaning on Him enough?

I'm going to try and think of 5 positive things about school this week... help me refocus... here goes

1. I get a lot of hugs.
2. They do say funny things, often.
3. Crafts are fun. And we get to do them everyday, sometimes I even get to.
4. I like getting to teach with Mindi. I like our friendship and time together
5. My classroom is pretty cute.

whew. that was actually pretty tough. here's to a new start!

3 comments:

Joann said...

How come these kids aren't potty trained by that age? That is crazy! Hang in there Kelley, at least you will have some very funny memories later on.....Luv ya!

Unknown said...

I think you preschool teachers are AMAZING! I had to volunteer at Bella's preschool a few weeks ago (notice that I said "had to" instead of "got to?") Anyway, by the end of the day, the enamel on my teeth was gone, I had handfuls of my hair in my hands, and I needed a 3 hour nap. (slight exaggeration - but you get the idea).
Anyway, anyone who can do that day in and day out, even with occasional frustration, is gifted and amazing! Seriously, very few can do it!
So you're doing great! I'll pray for you and your class. =)

Household Executive said...

:) I enjoy teaching with you too! I admire your love for the kids and the way you make learning fun for them. Press into the Lord and He will strengthen you! Remember the verse that in your weakness He is strong...or something along those lines. :) And, Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up James 4:10