Friday, October 22, 2010

Pizza Sauce

So the other day at lunch... the kids were being so NEEDY- and I stupidly brought a frozen lean cuisine pizza for lunch. I say stupidly because when you have 30 minutes to help 17 four-year olds open their lunches, clean their spills, tell them to take "3 more big bites," and clean up, you barely have enough time for your own lunch. Much less time to heat up a FROZEN lunch.

So, I stuck my pizza in the microwave and started helping the kids.
I came back to check it, and somehow the microwave cart had rolled into the power strip and turned the power off. So my microwave quit working half way thru.

So I turned it back on and started eating some carrots, while cleaning up spills and seeing who needed to eat more.

I come back and it looks like the cheese is not all melted, but by this point I have less than 10 minutes to eat so I decide to eat it. (Mom- this is why I am a fast eater.)

As I'm carrying my paper plate with my pizza in my left hand, a little boy bumps into me from behind and knocks me. I stumble and start to drop my precious pizza. So, with cat-like instincts I reach out with my right hand to grab the pizza.

Saved it!!!

but it was BURNING!! Even with the cheese not all melted, the sauce was HOT!!

I wiped off some, but decided I needed to go to the sink for cool water.

I wash off my hand, and return to the lunch room to find a little girl throwing up in the trash can. I call the nurse while eating pizza CAREFULLY.

I wolf down the stupid pizza in less than 4 minutes.

My hand is STILL BURNING! In class, I put some neosporin and a bandaid on it. I email the school nurse.

She informs me neosporin will trap in the heat because it's petroleum based and make it burn more. I quickly scrap it off and she comes to my class with loose bandages and an ice pack and ibuprofen.
It blistered up by the end of the day.

Two days later and after the blister popped... here's what it still looks like...







It's a little hard to tell in the pictures. but let me just say, I hope it doesn't scar because it is UGLY!
and also i will never eat a frozen pizza at school again.
then end.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Wow! Attacked by a pizza! I have a story about fish fillets that my family still tells...

PS I love your blog and am a new reader.