Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Reminiscing

Yesterday it rained ALL day long!
Last night it rained ALL night long!
24 hours of rain.

made me think of last January when it snowed in Dallas for 24 straight hours.
It had never done that before.
it was a TON of snow.
It broke LOTS of tree limbs around our house.
It weighed down smaller trees so that they were literally bending over and touching the ground.

So when I woke up the next morning and saw my bended over trees, I decided I needed to do something about it. I decided to go and shake off all of the snow.

I knew I would get covered in snow and I did not have proper snow clothes or boots. SO... I made it up.

And last night, Ty was reminiscing about this and laughing at me. It was pretty funny.

My "snow" outfit:
2 pairs of socks
tennis shoes
leggings
swishy sweat pants (don't know the real word)
sweat shirt
scarf
all tucked into my rain jacket.
hood pulled up
gloves
Oh yeah... best part- to make my shoes "water proof"- I put each foot in a plastic grocery bag and used packing tape to tape it around my leg.

It worked.
I stayed dry.
Ty came home to find a laundry room literally full of my wet clothes laid out to dry.

I was reminded of my recent preparations for a possible tornado and realized I'm either:
A- very good at making do with what I have OR
B- very weird

You can decide.

No comments: