Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Procrastinating

So I should be packing for our exciting trip to Colorado... (we leave tomorrow for 10 days- although we're driving there, so 2 of those days are travel days)... but instead, I'm blogging. and showing very random pictures at that. I remind myself of the little kid who comes up with the most random attempts to procrastinate taking a bath or going to bed. I never out grew this habit.

Picture set #1 ... Showing off my OCD... so my new classroom was FULL of boxes, furniture, tons of stuff, etc, etc. Do you know what I spent almost an hour doing? not unpacking boxes. not moving furniture. nope. organizing the construction paper. It was previously just all jumbled together... a red piece here, a handful of blue, a pack of pink. But I took care of that problem!
TWICE! Oh yes, in kindergarten we have short and LONG paper- and I just HAD to organize BOTH! So, now that that is finished... I can move onto the boxes :) (what is wrong with me??)

And on the home front... I posted this awhile back. Our ugly door knobs in our cute cottage home.
The new one from Anthropologie looked so great! But that old key hole cover had left some ugly marks.
Good thing Carpenter Kelley lives here! Now look at the beauty! Nothing a little wood putty and paint and sanding can't fix. (I am very proud of myself)
And for the other 3 doors on that hallway... our door knobs from Canton! They are now all perfectly installed and working :)

These fit with the key hole covers- so we just kept them on.

Okay, well, I guess I'm out of material. So, time to pack! And then off to Colorado~~ cooler weather, here I come!

3 comments:

Dandy said...

Nice patch job! I love the new door handles and especially the one with the key hole covers.

Yes, you are OCD. Please come over and OCD-ify my apartment. Please.

dawn eshnaur said...

Kelly-You are so adorable! That sounds exactly like me! I LOVE to procrastinate...and as for the OCD. My family sometimes calls me "Monk".
So what's wrong with that? I teach Kindergarteners, too. They are cute little blobs of germs :)

christine said...

LOVE the door knobs. Also, LOVE the apron in the corn post. And YUM, I'll have to try that sometime! :)