Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Anniversary Celebration

Yesterday was a perfect day of celebration of our 2 whole years of marriage!! Ty came home for lunch, which he normally does. But I tried to spice it up! So, I made his favorite lemonade-ice tea, fixed his lunch, set up the table with appetizers and sandwiches, and then... candles! Oh yeah! a romantic candle-lit lunch while watching Sportscenter (that's what Ty likes to do during his lunch hour- helps him calm down from work a bit).

Then I took Ty back to work. I ran some errands (mostly fun errands), then went back to pick him up and we headed off to dinner!

We went to Houston's, one of Ty's all time favorites. We had the delicious spinach dip for an appetizer.

Houston's makes some fancy foods and steaks and things. But Ty orders the chicken fingers EVERY time! This time was no exception! They really are the best chicken fingers, cole slaw, and fries you can find. Even the honey mustard is exceptionally yummy. The chicken fingers are no longer on the menu, but you can still get them. I noticed on the bill this time that the chicken fingers are really called "The Flying Chicken Plate." I definitely made fun of Ty for loving The Flying Chicken Plate.

And I got this crab cake salad. I've gotten it the last few times I've gone there. It is really yummy- greens, crab cake (mostly crab- not bread), avocado, grapefruit, a little onion, and a champagne vinaigrette. I wanted to eat "light" because I was saving up for dessert!

Presenting the Five- Nut Brownie!! served hot! on top of a vanilla bean creme! with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! Oh My Oh My! The brownie was seriously incredible!! I'm a "lac-tard" so I did not eat the ice cream. I did eat the creme however and it was delicious!! but my tummy was not too happy on the car ride home. worth it!!


Here we are at dinner! Ty was a great sport! I get very cheesy and sentimental and so I was asking questions like "what has been the biggest surprise in marriage?" "What was your all time favorite meal in the last 2 years?" "where do you see us in 5 years?" He did great! Answering everything (and I personally think he enjoyed it)

Here we are on our deck getting a better shot together. (Oh how i love Ty's hair long like this! he hates it and is getting it cut tomorrow. I'm sad) Then we took a walk together to work off our huge meal and dessert.
Gift time!! So we have a few things going on... getting a new garden next weekend! (more details to come later). So my mom sent money for us to buy a hydrangea bush. Grandma sent money. Dad and Cindy sent this precious garden flag (in our wedding colors too).

Ty's parents give us Spode Christmas dishes each year. I love having Christmas dishes!!

The 2nd year traditional theme is COTTON! So... I gave Ty this seer sucker suit. (well actually he picked it out and I told him it was his anniversary gift).


He took me shopping one day! (loved the time together! That alone was a gift!) And he helped me pick out the following items. 3 dresses (Ann Taylor Loft) and a pair of shorts (Banana Republic). I tried on each thing, I would model for him, he complimented each thing! it was a great day!!

Such a fun day!! Next year the gift theme is leather or crystal/glass. Hmm... I have 1 year to figure something out!

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

We are peas in a pod. I ask Brett random questions all the time! Sometimes he humors me; sometimes he is like "that is so ridiculous". Those are usually questions like, "would you have married me if I only had one eye?"

Your questions are way better. LOL

Smits Family said...

We will have to get Ty and Pat matching one day in their seersucker :)