Saturday, July 11, 2009

This Way to the Beach

Oh Wrightsville Beach... how I love you!! Home of Dawson's Creek. Home of One Tree Hill. Home of Kate + 8's last vacation. Home of my wonderful mama. Home of me for 5 years. I love this place.

Hubby and I spent as much time as we could there! look at the wonderful sand, the lovely waves, the baking people. It's a great thing. I wore sunscreen every day. My dermatologist would be proud. However, on Saturday I put on the usual 30. Then I reapplied throughout the day with spray on 50. And somehow I burned to a crisp. So even though I stayed til Tuesday, Saturday was my last beach day. Sadness. and by the way, I am not an advocate of spray on sunscreen any more. the end.

Oh there's my sweet mama!!

a beautiful sight.

Grandma Elizabeth. Sometimes known as Kelley Lanier. Sometimes Grandma. Sometimes Mavis. Sometimes Elizabeth. Sometimes Mary Elizabeth. She has lots of names.

Anyways- she took us to the most wonderful dinner of all.... seafood at the beach! delish!!
Mom and G-Ma ordered some crab stuffed, bacon wrapped shrimp. they said it was great.
Ty had some fish with crab stuffing and spinach and a sauce. He loved it too.

I had Mahi Mahi (I think) with Mango salsa and a couple of jumbo shrimp. Also amazing!

Here's me, hubby, and G-ma at the restaurant. aww... love them.

So, apparently besides the battleship and pictures of my friend's dirty baby, those were all the pictures I took.

We did lots of beach time, perusing used book stores, running, jogging, walking. mostly eating. a lot. Mom cooked tons of amazing meals for us. all in all- it was a fabulous vaca with fabulous people!! Miss you mom and Gma!!

1 comment:

Smits Family said...

I like your hair cut