Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Forever

We are married. Forever. We said our vows when we were 24 and 26 years old. I just wanted to tell you that.



So, driving to Colorado we stopped just over the Colorado state line and took this wonderful picture. Oh I love him. Forever.

Look at that view.

Then I started to notice writing on the guard rail. In fact, it looked as if it was newly painted and people had just recently begun to write on it again! Many of the writings said "The Johnson Family - April 2009" or "Maggie W. and Sarah W. were here July 2009" I should have written on it. I didn't. I'd feel bad.

Anways- I noticed this one included their ages.... Kate 13, Beth 17, Shelton, well his age was cut off. And Martin didn't leave his age. Or maybe Martin was their last name. I don't know.

But I do know about 5 feet further down I saw this and laughed out loud. I just love kids and to me, 13 is still very much a kid.

Kate Shelton (from the previous picture- age 13) + Jimmy Thurston = FOREVER "09"

Now, it may not really be that funny. But to me it is. It's funny that poor Jimmy doesn't even know his name is up here- forever- in love- with Kate.


And based on my daily reading of Cake Wrecks... a mis-use of quotation marks really makes me laugh. I mean, is it like kinda 09 when they are in love- and thus needing quotation marks? Or is it literally 09? I'm just confused.

Anyways... that's a sneak peek into our trip. Don't worry- food photos, flower photos, hotel photos, oh and family photos! to come!

No comments: