Sunday, December 12, 2010

Making Changes

I've been decorating, and re-decorating, and re-decorating for a couple of weeks. Usually I do the same thing each year, I know it works and I like it. But I decided to change things up this year- and that began a lot of "re-decorating." It takes time to get things right. I finally just said "Enough!" and put the boxes away. So whether I like it or not, my house is decorated for Christmas.

And today I am sharing with you my tables... Yes, only my tables. I am going to do a different part each day... maybe tomorrow will be the mantle, then the "random details," and then finish off with the Christmas tree. This is sort of like a challenge to myself- to actually blog a few days in a row!!

So without further adieu... my dining room table...
Red tablecloth from Williams- Sonoma
gold runner from Pier-1
silver chargers- NEW - a Thanksgiving day Michael's purchase this year!
white plates- a set from Ross
candle sticks- wedding gift
napkins and napkin rings- gifts from my mom
the clear dessert plate- a garage sale find!

I LOVE this nativity! Each character has a verse inscribed on it that states it's "purpose" in the Christmas story!
I had it on the runner at first, and decided to re-use my great-grandma's doilies to "set it apart" a little more. I like the final product! The REASON for the SEASON is the CENTER of my table (and the center of my entire home for that matter, literally)
Our Breakfast Table...
I have been collecting Christmas trees for a few years. I usually display them on the top of a bookcase. But I like them a lot and decided to group them as a center piece. I'm still not totally happy with this table- looks too chaotic to me... I think it could be "tied together" a little more- just not sure how.
trees- from ALL over (literally)
place mats- gift from my mom
Spode mug and saucer - gift from my mother in law
dessert dishes- gift from my mom
(this has not been a helpful list for purchasing has it ? sorry!)

I think these place mats are adorable! The red gift on the left is actually a pocket to put the silverware in! too cute! A close up of the trees... I really like how there are sparkly ones, natural ones, bright ones, dull ones, etc. And I threw in a few small candle holders and votives to spice things up. too much? please help with suggestions... for next year- I'm not changing anything this year!
I decided this sparkly, colorful one is my favorite. Just thought I'd share that with you!
That's it for my tables! Tune in tomorrow... hopefully I'll post about my new mantle!

No comments: