Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Decorations

Two posts in a row!! I'm loving it!
So... some random details around the house...

This cute set up in my kitchen...(as Ty's grandma calls it, "a still life")
Christmas tree plate: hobby lobby last year maybe?
angel: I've had her forever, no clue where she came from
tan plate: pottery barn (gift from my mom)
snowflake candle: handmade by Livi (my former student) (I LOVE IT!)
in my dining room- these cute stuffed animals live by the door...
the small snowman was Ty's growing up
the big snowman and santa were gifts to me at some point. I love Santa's beard!
The Entrance to our home... (don't look at the tree yet!)
Poinsettia painting- by Ty's grandma


I love this little "still life" on the table - the candle in the hurricane glass is surrounded by mini presents and red ball ornaments- meant to go on a small tree- but I just cut off the string for hanging and threw them in there
I love this little nativity- I collect nativities... but this one is one of my favs- it says on the bottom that it's made with wood from Jerusalem. I think my mom gave it to me (are you seeing a pattern?)
Above my bookcase... this is where my tree collection usually lives.
These glass vases live here all year- so this year I just filled the clear ones with some colorful balls.
the multi-pack of balls is from Target - maybe 10 years ago :)
Kitchen... above my cabinets I keep my pitcher collection (yes I have a lot of collections :))
I "Christmas-tize" it by adding some berries and fake poinsettias.



The Greeting Cards... one of my favorite parts of Christmas are the cards! yes I collect them too! I save them each year and add them to a scrapbook! I should take pictures of that!
This year my cards are sitting in this cute basket (from Pier 1- a gift from, you guessed it- my mom!) In January I'll put them in the scrapbook.
Tomorrow... my mantle! I'm super excited to show you this!

No comments: