Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Southport Sailmakers Pillows and Totes

I mentioned last week that I'd get back to the big square pillow, so here I am.

This pillow is awesome!  It is made from old sails from a sail boat!  So it could totally be outside or actually on a boat! But I love it in my window seat!  Apparently sails get old and need to be replaced.  So this talented lady uses the old sails (which would normally get thrown away) and makes pillows, tote bags, wine bottle holders, shower curtains, etc. 

Each pillow comes with the little rope to tie it to the side of the boat. I think it's cute and wanted to keep it on to make me feel like a real sailor :)

Even the back is cool looking.

I also got a tote bag for Christmas...

Here's the other side of it.

Each side has a meaning- she uses the flags they use at sea to add meaning to the totes. These mean "Whiskey" or "Needs Medical Assistance."  Whiskey actually just means the letter W - but you know how transportation people are, they add words to letters.  I just know I like the stars.



She includes a tag with the meaning of the flags AND info about the boat that this sail came from.  My tote was from a colgate 26' which raced the Cape Fear up to Baltimore!  I have a racing tote! Awesome!!

You can check out her other products on her facebook page (here).  Or call the number above in the photo to order (910-880-4307).
I promise you will NOT be disappointed!

No comments: