Monday, January 23, 2012

Around the House: Book Cases

At one of my bridal showers, all of the guests shared a verse that was meaningful to their marriage.

The one that meant the most to me was Ruth 1:16-17
But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. 17 Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. Thus may the LORD do to me, and worse, if anything but death parts you and me.”

I realize this verse was not talking about a marriage relationship, but the idea can definitely apply.
The idea is that my husband and I are now ONE.
Together we make decisions.
Together we go places.
Together we have friends and family.
Together we lodge.
Together we serve the true and living God.
Together.
Nothing but death to part us.

So when I saw these on pinterest....
I had to track them down and purchase them!

Right now they are on our bookcases next to some globes :)
But eventually I envision them right next to the door leading into our bedroom.
Symbolically stating that the two people who live in here "go together."

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love this too. I just might have to get this for our house too.