Friday, January 20, 2012

Around the House: Half Bath

Just off of our kitchen and laundry room we have a tiny little half bath.
I mean tiny. It's kinda shaped like a triangle. It's small. And cute. And nice to have.

I love the paint color I chose a few years back, but didn't love the way I arranged the items on the wall. So I spent the last few years collecting new items and frames, and have been saving them up.

I was finally ready.
Here's the big reveal.

Looking in the door.
 Still from the door way.  One reason I wanted to change things up was so that this precious corner pedestal sink would be the focal point. I love this sink.
 I found this mirror at Target and it was the perfect size and shape! And it was on clearance for $20. This is an astounding fact since it took me about 2 1/2 years to find a mirror that fit this space!!

It did have a black frame, but that's nothing a little white spray paint couldn't fix.  The sink does not have a lot of space for a soap dispenser.  I found this cute little shelf at Canton, TX First Mondays a couple of months ago and was sold!
 Originally this big "old door turned shelf" contraption was hanging above the sink with the mirror on it. I love the mirror and shelf thing together, BUT it totally dwarfed the sink.  And I did not like that!  I added this fun abstract painting Ty's grandma did to bring in some color!
 This window goes to the front yard, which is a little awkward when using the bathroom.  I purchased some cute material and want to make those fake Roman shades one day. BUT- in the mean time, this painting does the trick for privacy.
 My "old lady" collage of doilies. I love this wall.  I saw a framed doily in Anthro years ago and have always wanted to replicate the look. My great-grandma made all of these (well, not the Sawyer one), so it's fun to show them off!  I found all of the frames at the Goodwill and spray painted them all. Then I put some dark blue scrapbook paper in the back and put the doily in. I did not use any glue or adhesive because I wanted to protect the doilies and who knows how long I'll like this look.
 A close up...
 The Sawyer doily was a wedding gift. It was framed in a very "country" look with hunter green and a brown frame.  SO I took it to Hobby Lobby and had them help me "update it" a little. I like how it turned out.  The "roses" painting to the left is another of Ty's grandma's.

This frame didn't come with glass and I didn't realize that until I got home.
So I just sewed the doily onto the paper and glued the paper to the board in the back of the frame. I can easily take it off again if I want to later.


And a quick glimpse of the goodies on the floor... cute baskets for toilet paper and reading material. 

A happy LITTLE bathroom, with some character and vintage charm :)

No comments: